Thursday, March 8, 2012

Survivor: One World Power Rankings


Wow. I have watched pretty much every episode of Survivor, and that was just about as crazy and good as it gets. Before I get to my power rankings, let me just say how idiotic it was of the guys to give up tribal immunity. There are way too many things that can happen to make giving up the numbers worth while. Especially in a men vs. women season where there will obviously be a tribe swap! In the preview for next week it’s clear that the swap is coming, and now the men are guaranteed to be down numbers in one of the two new tribes. Also, even though I also thought it was dumb when Zapatera threw a challenge to get rid of Russell, at least Russell had some history and they viewed him as a cancer. Bill did nothing wrong! All he did was not get along with Colton. I guess this is what happens when you’re led by a misfit alliance, you get misfit decisions.

With these rankings, keep in mind everything could change due to the result of the upcoming tribe swap.

Here are the Rankings:

1. Kim
Kim is in the best spot to win the game right now. She is quietly controlling the girls while the guys and some of the girls think Sabrina is in charge. That's the best position to be in on Survivor, controlling the game with no target on your back.

2. Jonas
Jonas is riding Colton’s coattails now, but I think he is smart enough to make a big move at some point to put himself in position to win the game. He is also laid back enough to get along with the girls on his new tribe.


3. Sabrina
Sabrina is clearly smart and the vocal leader of Salani. Her only drawback at this point is that I think the guys view her as the biggest threat on the girls tribe.

4. Troyzan
Troy flexed his muscles last week when he convinced the group to vote off Matt against Colton’s wishes. He has more power over the guys than it may appear.

5. Chelsea
Along with Kim and Sabrina, Chelsea is one of the only three girls I can imagine winning this game. She’s athletic, and her looks should help her stick around longer with the guys.

6. Colton
Although Colton may be the most “powerful” player right now, he sits at sixth in my rankings because I believe he has no shot to win the game. Nobody wins the game being that mean to people and that obsessed with his or her own power.

7. Jay
Jay is a sleeper right now to win the game. He gets along with the misfit alliance, he seems to get along with the girls as well as anybody, and now that it’s not men vs. women his athleticism will be valued.

8. Michael
Michael should be safe for a few episodes because of the tribe swap. His new tribe will need his strength.

9. Tarzan
Tarzan is a loose cannon. He reminds me of Coach from Tocantins, too truthful for his own good. I foresee him telling someone that they are in trouble and it backfiring in a big way.  

10. Leif
Speaking off telling people they are going to be voted off, you’re an idiot Leif. I do think the rest of the misfits were a little too harsh on him. They have endless hours to kill in between challenges, and it’s not like Bill couldn’t have guessed he was on the chopping block. This and the fact that he has had as many confessionals as me this season does not bode well for him.

11. Monica
I will admit, no one has surpassed my expectations this season more than Monica. In her interviews she came off as a spoiled NFL Wife, but she has toughed it out and been really valuable to her tribe. That being said, she won’t have the numbers wherever she ends up.

12. Kat
I have a big soft spot for Kat, but with the tribe swab looming, she really doesn’t have anyone standing with her at this point in the game. Her alliance already said they were worried about her, so I doubt they stick with her through the swap.

13. Christina
There is really nothing to say about Christina.

14. Alicia
Alicia is the definition of a firecracker. A firecracker is the definition of someone who won’t win Survivor. No one who has ever won has looked back and said, “Wow, I’m really glad I blew up at my tribe mate for no reason.” I don’t see her getting along with anyone after the swap.

For the record…my picks to win as of now are Kim and Jonas, with Kim having a slight edge. And as for Bill, you finally started to show some character, too bad it was a little too late. The tribe has spoken.





2 comments: