Saturday, January 21, 2012

#15's Shoe-Ins


Championship Sunday. For most football fans, it's right up there with Super Sunday. But for a Vikings fan like myself, the idea of championship Sunday makes me wake up in cold sweats thinking about haunting memories. And even though my team has never won a Super Bowl and went 3-13 this year, I still took incredible joy in watching the Pukers choke away a 15-1 season. With that in mind, I am incredibly excited for all the match ups this weekend. So, in the words of Sean Connery, "the game is on."


New York (+3) at San Francisco   42

This game has more story lines than Valentines Day and New Years Eve combined. The revival of Alex Smith, these teams first playoff matchup since the "bummer" game, Harbaugh's amazing turnaround, Eli looking like he's in '07 form, the matchup of two number 1 picks at QB, and of course, David Akers. As much I would like to pick 49ers, and as much I will be rooting for the 49ers, I'm going with the G-Men. The Giants are playing with incredible momentum, but they have also done it before, meaning that they won't let last week's big win over the Packers affect their preparation this week. What concerns me is that the 49ers won't have the same level of maturity and won't be as prepared.

The over in this game is my shoe-in of the week, take it to the bank. Although these are two defensive centered teams, both offenses have been clicking. The over is going to hit no problem.


Giants 31 49ers 20
GIANTS +3
OVER 42


Baltimore (+9) at New England   50

Like the buffet at a fancy wedding, this spread is rather large (chalk that one up in the clever joke category.) Anyways, to me this is a classic case of the underdog covering but still losing. The Patriots will have their hands full with Ray Ray and the boys. Brady has an underwhelming game but still finds a way to get the job done. Side bet: Cal Ripken will be calling the toss, so the toss goes to the Ravens.

Patriots 27 Ravens 20
Ravens +9
UNDER 50


If you do win money off of these picks, tipping is appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment