Sunday, September 2, 2012

Oh Danny Boy...








I’m baaaaaaaaaaaack (for a short post, but back is back). In my long awaited return to the blogosphere and Love Boat Sports I am here to breakdown all the crazy happenings in Big Brother 14 including why I think Dan’s move was overrated and why Shane has put himself in the best position to win the game.


I’d like to start out by saying how great of a player I think Dan is. Although I think he is getting a little too much credit for his move, only a few players could have pulled it off. The reason that I think Dan getting Jenn to use the veto on him wasn’t as impressive as many think is because the funeral was unnecessary. Frank was completely alone in the house. If Frank had gone with his original plan and simply knocked Dan out of the game, he still would have been alone the following week and probably would have gotten put up on the block by anyone who won HOH. Frank was also under the belief that Dan had been behind getting Boogie out and trying to get Frank sent home. Dan could have skipped the entire funeral charade and just told Frank the truth like he did. Frank would really have to take him off the block if he wanted any chance at gaining some numbers for the next week.

Shane has put himself in the best position to win the game right now. For the first few weeks of the season Shane was thought of as the biggest threat in the house and someone who had to be sent home. Frank and Dan are now clearly bigger targets than him, and Ian could easily be considered one if the house guests realize that Ian will definitely win the game if he gets to the Final two. By the time two of the other men in the house are gone, Shane will be competing in challenges against his stalker, and some of the worst challenge competitors in Big Brother history.

I also have to add how hilarious I think the Shane and Danielle relationship is. Despite Shane constantly rejecting her she continues to court him like he is giving out the final rose. After Dan's speech when she burst into tears she even said, "I don't want anybody I only want Shane." #restrainingorder


In all honesty though, I could not be more happy with how this season is playing out. In was in serious danger of taking a serious turn for the boring, but thanks to some big moves the show and the live feeds have kept me hooked. Check back in a couple weeks when I give my first impressions on the Survivor Philippines cast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment